Home Court Advantage
This Maple Grove charmer encourages fun, fitness, and
“The family that plays together, stays together” could be the mantra of this active Maple Grove clan. Their 6,381-square-foot home was designed for entertaining, with a pub-style gathering space, 27-by-22 foot indoor sport court with a soaring 18-foot ceiling (and a window from the main level overlooking the action), three-season porch with a gas fireplace, large deck, 80-inch LED viewing screen with surround-sound in the lower-level family room, wet bar, and spacious great room bathed in natural sunlight.
Visitors and family are surrounded by Tuscan-style elegance in the great room, as warm beige, tans, browns, and creams mix with rustic textured elements like the natural stone on the fireplace.
Creek Hill Custom Homes reclaimed the great room mantel from a 200-year-old homestead to add character and authenticity to the new construction. The sophisticated kitchen is a lesson in light-and-dark contrast, juxtaposing deep walnut with white enamel. A kitchen office nook with views of the wooded wetland and mature trees provides a little haven for homework.
With so many spaces conducive to socializing, the kids can invite groups of friends over and the family can entertain even bigger crowds around the holidays. Once the party has started—with or without guests—the family can control the music, AV, and even temperature via an LCD wall tablet.
In pleasant weather, the home’s neighborhood, Whistling Pines, encourages mingling beyond one’s own property, with a community pool, cabana, and family-friendly walking trails.
- The great room mantel was taken from a Minnesota homestead, circa early 1800s, and adds a charming touch to the new home.
- The cedar truss front entry and matching garage doors give the exterior of the home a classic, yet rustic tone.
- The gourmet kitchen features natural cream-colored SenSa granite countertops, enameled cabinetry, a farmhouse sink, large center island, and Thermador appliances.
- Understated luxury in the owner’s bath includes a soaking tub, granite counters, and a generous walk-in closet.
- A Jack-and-Jill bath connects two of the bedrooms on the upper level.
The lower level features a pub-style entertainment area, wet bar, large viewing screen, sport court, and walkout into an expansive backyard with gorgeous wooded views.
Creek Hill Custom Homes
Appollo Systems, Inc.
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Minneapolis Glass Company
For more information on featured products and suppliers, please see our Buyer's Guide.