Lake Minnetonka looks lovely from this stunning
Perched on the shores of Lake Minnetonka at Palmer Pointe, this five-bedroom home in Minnetrista affords some of the longest lake views possible. The front entry is a welcoming space with large windows that take full advantage of this home’s fantastic vista, which stretches all the way to Crane Island. But while the vantage outside is undeniable, no detail was spared inside, to give this 6,500 square-foot home a touch of rustic elegance.
“It’s rich in detail, even in the smallest points,” says Sven Gustafson, owner of Stonewood, who built the home, noting the particulars of the millwork and cabinetry as well as the coordination between the finishes.
Dark hickory wood floors lead through the home’s living room, kitchen, and dining area. On one side, a bright sitting room with a view of the lake leads to a stone terrace. On the other, a fabulous screen porch with a stone fireplace offers an “up north” feel. Upstairs, the owners’ bedroom offers more lovely lake views and a bath with a convenient stacked washer and dryer.
A high-tech whole-house audio/video distribution system allows the homeowners to control a centralized music system, stream videos, or use a DVD movie server with the touch of an iPad or iPhone.
The home was designed to make friends and family feel equally comfortable in flip-flops and shorts for a day of boating and grilling, or decked out for a more formal affair. “We wanted it to be a relaxing place to live,” says Gustafson.
- The living room’s focal point is an intricate hand-carved limestone surround.
- Just outside the main-floor office, an open stairway with built-in bookcases at the top leads to the home’s second level.
- Soaring ceilings make this three-season porch feel almost as if it’s entirely outdoors.
- Bright whites make the kitchen feel even sunnier.
- A child’s bedroom has right-sized windows and built-ins.
- The master bedroom offers gorgeous sunset views looking out over Lake Minnetonka.
The home’s lower level features a comfortable seating area, a billiard room, a dark wood bar with a walk-in wine cellar, an exercise room, guest rooms and bath, plus French doors that open to the lawn.
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Kate-Lo Tile & Stone
Martha O’Hara Interiors
For more information on featured products and suppliers, please see our Buyer's Guide.